SparkFun OpenSegment Shield
- Brand: Sparkfun
- Product Code: AT-DEV-13190
- Availability: Lead time 10 to 15 working days
- Ex Tax: Rs.1,050.00
We love 7-segment displays and we know you do too, so we have made the easiest (arguably) to use medium for you to get up and running and use! This SparkFun OpenSegment Shield was specifically designed to run on top of most Arduino Uno compatible boards, all you need to do is attach headers and your choice of 7-segment display to the shield and snap it in, no bread boards required. The OpenSegment Shield can combine a classic 4-digit 7-segment display and an ATMega328 microcontroller allowing you to control every segment individually using only a few serial lines.
Just like our other 7-segment boards, the OpenSegment Shield can be controlled in one of three ways: Serial TTL communication, SPI serial communication or I2C serial. This shield is very similar to our other OpenSegment Displays, the biggest benefit to this board is its ease of use thanks to the Arduino Uno form factor.
Note: This does NOT include a 7-segment display. We’ve removed the display itself to give you a chance to choose a specific color. Check the Recommended Products section below for different options.
- 4 digit alpha-numeric display area with Serial Comm, SPI or I2C Serial Interface
- Display numbers, many letters, and a few special characters
- Individual control of decimal points
- Selectable baud rate
- Selectable brightness
- Baud rate and brightness values retained in non-volatile memory
- Individual segment control for each digit
- Arduino Uno Form Factor